The theatre “Atelje 212” was founded by a group of actors, directors and writers in 1956 as the theatre of new avant-garde drama.
Constructed in: 1964.
Architect: Bojan Stupica
Reconstructed in: 1992.
Architect: Ranko Radović and Radivoje Dinulović
In 1992, in the renovated building, Atelje 212 became a theatre with some of the most modern equipment of that time on the Balkans.
The Large stage has 385 audience seats and the Theatre in the basement 141.
Immediately after it finished work on the National Theatre in Belgrade, Svetlost Teatar began works on the design and equipment installation on the Stage area during the reconstruction of the Atelje 212 building.
The Atelje 212 Chamber stage mostly has standard mechanical Systems solutions, except for stage lighting whose expanded zoning was resolved with the possibility to use any decorative hoists as lighting hoists. Flexible mechanical solutions were accompanied by flexible solutions of the cable management System.
The lighting System of the intriguing façade of Atelje 212 is connected to the system for Stage lighting management.
The Small stage, as well as both foyers of Atelje 212, can be used as stage and gallery space if necessary, whereby stage and architectural lighting are powered by the Dimmers and managed by the stage lighting control System.
The theatre building is located at the city centre on the street which for a few days every calendar year becomes the meeting place and centre of cultural events - “Street of Open Heart”